1.0.0 build 27
iOS 11+ required
AV Assistant requests and retains your unit, ID, address, and contact information. Your location, check location, and your test location are used to provide you with a localized map and location-based data (aids to navigation) from the U.S. Coast Guard Light List and Local Notice to Mariners. Your photos are used to document observed discrepancies with aids to navigation. Your voice recordings are saved to assist you in documenting observed discrepancies. This information is compiled into a report that is sent only to the email address(es) you provide. No data is transmitted to the developer other than what Apple provides in crash data reports and app services.
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or later is required to run AV Assistant.
- To use AVA with any accuracy, you must have GPS. iPhones and iPads with WiFi+cellular have GPS. WiFi-only iPads lack the GPS hardware, so you must add this capability through a plug-in or Bluetooth GPS module.
- Compatible models
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad 2017, 2018
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro (9.7″, 10.5″, 12.9″)
- Incompatible models (WILL NOT WORK)
- if you have a WiFi-only iPad, you can add a Bluetooth GPS module, such as the Dual brand GPS (which I use)