2.0.1 build 19
iOS 11+ required
AV Assistant requests and retains your organization details and contact information internally within the app, including your email address(es). Your location, check location, and your test location are used to provide you with a localized map and location-based data (aids to navigation) from the U.S. Coast Guard Light List and Local Notice to Mariners. Your photos are used to document observed discrepancies with aids to navigation. This information is compiled into a report consisting of a email with several attachments. All emails from the app (reports, settings, light sets) are only sent to the email address(es) you provide in Settings. No data is transmitted to the developer other than what Apple provides in crash data reports and app services.
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or later is required to run AV Assistant.
- To use AVA with any accuracy, you must have GPS. iPhones and iPads with WiFi+cellular have GPS. WiFi-only iPads lack the GPS hardware, so you must add this capability through a plug-in or Bluetooth GPS module.
- Compatible models (but newer models are better and faster)
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad 2017, 2018
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro (9.7″, 10.5″, 12.9″)
- Incompatible models (WILL NOT WORK)
- If you have a WiFi-only iPad, you can add a Bluetooth GPS module. I have since found the Garmin GLO 2 to be a great combination and recommend that instead because it works out of the box without needing another app. Pair it to the iPad and AV Assistant is in business.
- The Dual Electronics XGPS150 works but requires the Dual app to be installed as well